Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day two...

I'm pretty sure that after a while I'll loose momentum and only write when I actually have something worth saying, but unfortunately for you guys I'm just starting up and am just enjoying myself.
So how bout that weather... no really.  Kailee and I went out and planted strawberries yesterday.  I'd like to dig up a little plot and plant a vegetable garden and Kailee and I can putter around in it and plant things.  So of course it rains like crazy today, lol.  I sure hope the strawberry plants will be okay.  As soon as it's sunny I'm going to the nursery to buy some mint and other veggies to plant.  I am so excited for spring this year!  I have never been so excited for spring in my life!  It feels somehow as though a weight has been lifted and there's so much I plan to do this season.  I've never had my own house for the spring.  We were moving for last summer and didn't have a lot of energy for anything else.  I want to paint Kailee's walls.  Not that there's anything wrong with the ones she has, but she's wanted them done since we painted her brother's walls.  I'm going to paint them pink with black chalk board paint dots.  If we ever get our tax return back we're going to put up a six foot tall composite privacy fence in the backyard and get an above ground pool.  We'd also like to get lagoon passes.  That is if we ever get our effing our money!  Oh oh, and drive ins!  So excited!


                                                                              Kri

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, and even the rain as nice. Just as long as we keep the snow at bay... NO MORE SNOW I say!

    Oh, and you should totally wright as often as possible! :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been feeling the same way about planting stuff. for the first time i'm really getting into what plants i want, john knows what he wants, and we've been figuring out what can go where. i want to plant lilacs against the east wall of the house as soon as they're available.

    oh, we did strawberries in the back yard too. do you know if they spread on their own?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so, I thought they were creepers, I want a few creepers, but I thought they didn't do well in frost. :(

    ReplyDelete